Transfer and Mutual Exchange 

Social housing tenants living in council or housing association accommodation can transfer or exchange to move to a larger home, downsize, sideways or move out of area. 

To be considered for a transfer, you will need to qualify to join the housing register of the local authority you want to transfer into.  Every local authority has their own Allocation Scheme and determine their own criteria to decide who qualifies to join the housing register and applicants that do not.  BCP Council’s qualifying criteria is published in its Allocations Policy

Alternatively, you can swap your home with another existing social housing tenant by mutual exchange through Homeswapper. Further information on Homeswapper.

(Homeswapper is not administered by BCP Council)